Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day Adventures

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!  I know it's a day typically many of us (myself included) love to hate.  I always seem to focus on the romantic relationship of love but not today!  Today I am focusing and sending all my love to all of you!  To everyone I've met on my travels, connected with at burns (a special shout out to my Frostburn loves who are braving the elements this weekend), friends I've made over the years, and my family.

I had a wonderful day starting out with an unexpected video chat with my parents, brother, and nephews.  We'd only been in one very brief chat since Christmas so it really meant a lot to connect with them and catch up.  It's so easy to take for granted the ability to call people up on the phone or shoot them a text to say hi.  They were celebrating Dustan's birthday and I was able to share in the excitement of the new toys.  We caught up on each others' lives and just shared laughter.

I was determined to go on an adventure today and settled on a new waterfall Wang Sai and snorkeling nearby at Mae Haad.  I ended up going by myself, allowing me to feel very relaxed with my time.  I'm also proud I made it down the big hill to get to Mae Haad as the last time I'd driven there myself was when I'd had my motorbike accident.  I'm still in one piece!!  ::fist pump::

Photo property of Kira Zebroski
Wang Sai was a lovely waterfall.  It's not very big but there's a pool around it where you can wade.  I came right up to the foot of the falls and sat on some rocks, feeling the water fall on and around me.  It was energizing and playful, making me giggle.  I wanted to climb to the top of the falls but I wasn't sure how I'd get back down again.  ::snaps fingers::  Oh well.  I had the space to myself for almost an hour and another group only appeared as I was getting ready to leave.  Click Here for a video I made to say hello!

I went snorkeling at Mae Haad, the beach which connects the small island Koh Ma to Koh Phangan.  I had a new mask and tube I'd found while diving and it seemed like the perfect time to test it out.  I found myself in a garden of water plants for a bit before I found the coral bed.  Regardless, the water was teeming with underwater life.  There were long, thin, bottle-nosed fish, orange spotted ones, little black ones with orange tails, and pink ones with big eyes.  I'm slowing learning the names of some like the parrot and the butterfly fish but even with pictures I get confused.  

My bar shift at Heaven (yes, I get to work in Heaven) was busy.  A good group of friends were having a BBQ as both a going away party and a Valentine's day celebration.  I couldn't seem to make it over there and actually sit but somebody(s) love me because they brought me a plate of food and I had an excellent Valentine's day dinner of mussels, king prawn, barracuda, banana flower salad, and BBQ potato.  It's okay to be jealous.  ::grin::  

Photo property of Kira Zebroski

My valentine was a handsome 11-month-old who fed me potatoes.  True love, right?  ::chuckle::  I also had a surprise valentine of real double-stuffed oreos (as opposed to my 10B thai oreos) and chocolate.  I'm seriously stoked about those oreos!!

All in all, my Valentine's day was full of sun, smiles, and chocolate.  I think it was a win.  I hope you all have/had wonderful days as well.  Lovelovelovelovelove!!!!

Just something to make you smile.  New ducklings!
Photo property of Kira Zebroski

No comments:

Post a Comment